The features for the HMJ series:
- Rugged, proven and reliable design developed through 40 years .
- High mechanical and volumetric efficiency.
- High starting efficiency (0.9).
- Capacity from 4.7 to 7.2 litre/rev.
- Maximum working pressure up to 315 bar.
- Relative high internal drain pressure, 15 bar.
- Very high free wheeling speeds, up to 400 rpm.
- Available with two- and three speeds
- Out put torque up to 30.520 Nm.
The Bauer HMJ range of high torque low speed hydraulic radial piston motors consists of one frame size with motors extending from HMJ9-4.7 to the HMJ9-7.2. Displacement volumes range from 4.7 to 7.2 litre/rev.
The piston connection rods are equipped with robust retainer rings causing mechanical return of the pistons in case of cavitation, and when the motor is working as a pump. This feature, together with a low leakage rate makes the motors well-suited for load control equipment (e.g. winches) without mechanical brakes.
Due to the large diameter shaft and heavy parallel roller bearings, the motors are well-suited for direct drive on winch applications. The parallel heavy roller bearing on the shaft is often used as a supporting bearing for the winch shaft.
The motors are now available with up to three speeds and free wheeling, HV340, on a single motor. The change in speed can be done smoothly while the winch is loaded and running without experiencing any pressure shocks.
See here for dimensions and technical data for the HMJ motors (pdf file).